What is beauty?
A very tricky question, indeed! Every person has his/her own definition of beauty. While scanning the quotes on beauty, I tried to find a common definition, but couldn’t succeed.
So, instead of fretting over our failure to find a consensual definition of beauty, let’s relish the quotes.
- Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. ~Confucius
- The best part of beauty is that which no picture can express. ~Francis Bacon
- A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness. ~John Keats
- There is a kind of beauty in imperfection. ~Conrad Hall
- Personal beauty is a greater recommendation than any letter of reference. ~Aristotle
- Beauty is a short-lived tyranny. ~Socrates
- Beauty is whatever gives joy. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay
- Beauty is worse than wine. It intoxicates both the holder and beholder. Aldous Huxley
- In youth and beauty, wisdom is but rare. ~Homer
- Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Beauty without expression is boring. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
- There is no personal achievement in being born beautiful. ~Loretta Young
- Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy. ~Anne Frank
- I sincerely feel that beauty largely comes from within. ~Christy Turlington
- Beauty is the greatest seducer of man. ~Paulo Coelho
- The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode, but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows. The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years. ~Audrey Hepburn
- Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. ~Khalil Gibran
- Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself. ~Coco Chanel
Related Posts: 1) How Beautiful Quotes Lift Our Spirits To Leave Us Inspired And Motivated 2) Humorous Quotes to Laugh our Heads Off
- Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God’s handwriting. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Beauty is in the heart of the beholder. ~H. G. Wells
- The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw. ~Havelock Ellis
- Beauty has a lot to do with character. ~Kevyn Aucoin
- Outer beauty turns the head, but inner beauty turns the heart. ~Helen J. Russell
- Outer beauty attracts, but inner beauty captivates. ~Kate Angell
- What’s the whole point of being pretty on the outside when you’re so ugly on the inside? ~Jess C. Scott
- She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that’s best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes…
- Remember that the most beautiful things in the world are the most useless; peacocks and lilies for instance. ~John Steinbeck
Enough for today! What is your favorite beauty quote? Please let me know in the comments section.
6 thoughts on “What is Beauty? Let’s Find In The Beauty Quotes”
Pingback: 35 Beautiful Quotes On Love | Shah's Blog
Pingback: 25 Best And Worth-Reading Quotes On Blogging | Shah's Blog
Lovely quotes from different thinkers/writers. I couldn’t help but notice that nobody talks about a tangible thing here. They often hint that beauty is too broad to be narrowed down to societal standards. It was interesting to be reminded of this.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Bahanur, for reading, and appreciating the quotes selection.
Agree with you that beauty can’t be regarded as a tangible thing. It is something, more sublime and more subtle.
All these are beautiful quotes on beauty.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for reading Realdervish!