“A day without laughter is a day wasted”. Charlie Chaplin
Laughter is a marvelous medicine. It reduces stress, improves mood, and releases anger. On the top of it, laughter is absolutely free and doesn’t cost us a penny.
As we advance in years, we become more serious and forget to laugh. This seriousness makes our life more stressful and unworthy of living. In order to release stress and achieve emotional balance, we need to find some opportunities for laughter and humor.
Humorous literature contributes to laughter by providing us an opportunity to laugh our heads off. Funny quotes are the gist of humorous literature. These quotes help us laugh away our woes and worries, and enjoy our life to the fullest.
Here, I have selected some amusing and witty quotes to make you laugh. Let’s enjoy ourselves together.
- Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. — Anonymous
- Friends are people who know you really well and like you anyway. — Greg Tamblyn
- Marriage is the only war in which you sleep with enemy. — Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- There are lies, damned lies and statistics. — Mark Twain
- Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.— Oscar Wilde
- I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me. — Noel Coward
- Before you marry a person, you should first make them use a computer with slow Internet service to see who they really are. — Will Ferrell
- A committee is a group that keeps minutes and loses hours. — Milton Berle
- My advice to you is to get married: If you find a good wife you’ll be happy; if not, you’ll become a philosopher. — Socrates
- If you want to be sure that you never forget your wife’s birthday, just try forgetting it once. — Aldo Cammarota
- Before borrowing money from a friend, decide which you need most. — Addison H. Hallock
- Misers are no fun to live with, but they make great ancestors. — Tom Snyder
- Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance? — Edgar Bergen
- It’s so much easier to suggest solutions when you don’t know too much about the problem. — Malcolm Forbes
- If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There’s no use being a damn fool about it. —W.C. Fields
- The nice thing about egotists is that they don’t talk about other people. — Lucille S. Harper
- Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe. — Albert Einstein
- I found there was only one way to look thin: hang out with fat people. — Rodney Dangerfield
- As you get older, three things happen. The first is your memory goes, and I can’t remember the other two. — Sir Norman Wisdom
- Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow just as well. — Mark Twain
- Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now. — Anonymous
- Common sense is like deodorant. The people who need it most never use it. — Anonymous
- The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize. — Clairee Belcher
- There is one word that describes people that don’t like me: Irrelevant. — Anonymous
- Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves? — Robin Williams
That’s enough for today. Did you like these quotes? What is your favorite funny quote? Please do let me know in the comments section.